Friday, February 20, 2009

Segway Event

I finally got the pictures taken during the Segway event. I was so excited to meet Jackie Chan, though it lasted for a few minutes! Anyway the event is used to promote an environmentally-friendly transport which does not require any fuel or electricity. It was really an eye-opening experience to see a congregation of the very rich socializing and feeling faint when I saw auctions for the transport (the size of a bicycle) going up to $20,000! It may seem that the rich are flaunting their wealth in the event but after conversing with them, I realized that many of them actually have in mind the heart to reach out to poor as the ALL the money raised in the auction including the segway with Jackie Chan's signature goes to charities such as MILK (Mainly I Love Kids. They also showed great interest in saving the Earth and I thought it was a good exchange to share with them some of the ideas I've in mind which can only be implemented with the policy makers. It's a small step, yes. But these small steps go a long way to saving the Earth. I wish that I can get to speak to the government policy makers about my idea to help save a large part of non-renewable resources! Can't wait to do that! Jackie Chan!!!

No comments: