Monday, January 4, 2010

20 09 - 20 10

Hi dearies,

I wanted my first post of the year to be a good one, thus I spent almost 3 days coming up with this really long post!

Sorry for missing in action but life has really been crazy with the recruitment of new students.
God has been so good to me really, the number of students I'm teaching this year is doubled!
With the slow economy and retrenchment going around, I'm so very thankful for such an overwhelming response!
Then again, I am so afraid of having less time for the already neglected boyfriend and scrapping!!
Sigh such is life!


2009 has been one of the most hectic yet fulfilling year for me.
When I sat down to make a list of the highlights of the past year, most memories left me feeling all bittersweet inside.
I wonder if you've experienced the same feeling.


Here comes the list of the highlights of 2009, maybe I'll post my favourite projects of 2009 later, just like what Stacy has done! Have I told you before that I'm a great fan of her work?!


In 2009,

I graduated from NUS




I graced many interesting events as a Miss Earth ambassador.


I must say it's an eye-opener from cleaning up mangroves to holding cocktail glasses at chi-chi private events.

at the Barefoot Walkathon to raise funds for the needy in developing countries



at the launch of Segway, an environmentally-friendly form of transport for commuters


of course, meeting Jackie Chan was a bonus! :)


hosting for a roadshow in Chinatown point to create awareness for the green movement,


with my co-host!


We passed on our titles to the 2009 Miss Earth winners
waiting for the winners to be announced!



I won Miss Photogenic for Miss International.

Seems like I'm a sucker for pageants. lol

It's a fun experience but I'll most probably stop at this.




I got my very first car!
Okay I look totally unglam without make up here!

anyway I love my seat belt cover!
It's a birthday gift from my jc friends!


I held my dream poolside birthday at Sentosa, only strictly inviting my those who are close to my heart..





I received this
and this
with a 18-105mm lens
from my loving boyfriend!
I can't tell you how excited I am over the camera!!

You can see how lovely the photo of my cards in the previous post turned out. Hee
All thanks to a good camera and sound advice from some of you!
Cheers to the start of my photography journey! :)




I have grown even closer to my students.
We are now movie buddies, board game rivals, tennis and bowling opponents, supper night owls and many more!



I spent the most fun-filled days at Malacca, Malaysia with my cousins and aunts..



I submitted my layouts to a magazine call the first time and was published!

By the way, that happened in November..
I know, I know.. It's way overdue!

Here is the link for the step-by-step instructions for these two layouts.



Best of all, 2009 is special because it is the year God has chosen me.

Knowing him has been so rewarding, because he is always there to catch me when I fall.

Knowing him has been so magical, because he opens up my eyes to the things unseen.

Knowing him has been so wonderful, because he changes me into someone better than I think I can be.

I have never been more blessed for every single thing my Father has given me.

Have you been blessed yet?


My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish,
and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

John 10:27-28
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: I've contacted Iris regarding the World Vision Prima Kit but it was held back due to the CHA release. Once she updates me about the shipping cost, I'll email you girls who are interested. The kit is really yummy so do drop me an email if you want to enjoy a lower shipping cost with bulk shipping! :)

PPS: I'll be mailing out the giveaways to Ponyo and Dyllis soon! Sorry for the long delay ladies!

2 comments:

Cari Fennell said...

Thank you for your sweet compliments on my blog-you are a sweetheart! And congratulations on all of your accomplishments in 2009-WOW! And your work is beautiful!
xoxox Cari

Shuanghui said...

I didnt know that we are the one that are close to your heart! :) I love you! thanks for sparing your ears when i need them the most and telling me your stories so i wont feel that bad... I really appreciate it! Thanks! 2009 was a wonderful year!